• Manage a portfolio of clients in the banking and telecommunications sectors.
• Develop/maintain strong working relationships with key business decision makers throughout the year to communicate value and inform them of the firm's scope of services.
• Provide guidance/expertise and participate in the performance of audit procedures, especially focusing on complex and/or specialized issues.
• Collaborate to plan objectives and determine an audit strategy that appropriately addresses risk. Establish the expectations of the value to be delivered. Successfully monitor the engagement team against the budget, and alter if necessary;
• Understand the client's industry and recognize key performance drivers, business trends, and emerging technical and industry developments. Stay informed of general business/economic developments and their impact to the client;
• Generate new business opportunities by developing ideas and solutions, making presentations to industry forums and publishing thought leadership materials. Achieve growth by understanding the business and its service lines and actively assessing/presenting ways to apply knowledge and services. Develop long-term relationships and networks both internally and externally.
• Act as counsellor to 6 – 8 staff
• An undergraduate or graduate degree in accounting and/or other appropriate academic major;
• Approximately 9-12 years of experience as an auditor for a public accounting firm;
• Holder of international professional accounting certification;
• Excellent project management skills;
• Advanced written and verbal communication skills;
• Comfortable leading client presentations;
• Used to working with little day to day supervision, and taking the lead role on smaller client accounts.
• A dedication to teamwork and leadership;
• Excellent command of spoken and written English.
Please contact me for further information. Adrienne@TheShackletonGroup.com.