The National Secretariat for development of the second compact agreement between the Government of Mongolia and US Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC) is recruiting Gender and Social Inclusion Specialist under one-year full-time contract. The National Secretariat, set up under the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Mongolia and led by National Coordinator, is tasked to develop the MCC second compact agreement focused on water supply for Ulaanbaatar.
Brief position description for Gender and Social Inclusion Specialist:
· Provide social and gender analysis, in line with requirements of the MCC guidelines, to ensure women and disadvantaged groups are taken into full account for projects to be implemented under the MCC second compact agreement;
· Lead and contribute to studies and research on social and gender issues at each stage of the compact development process and write reports;
· Hold consultations with relevant government officials, academics, women’s and other organizations representing women’s businesses.
· Ten (10) years of work experience on gender issues, preferably for an international donor or in a context related to economic development concerns;
· An advanced academic degree in a public policy or social science;
· Extensive knowledge of legislation on social inclusion and gender equality concerns in Mongolia;
· Demonstrated experience with integrating social and gender concerns into large-scale projects;
· Fluency in English and Mongolian with excellent verbal and written communication skills;
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively with partners, donors, other relevant stakeholders, and personnel associated with the National Secretariat;
· Demonstrated commitment, accountability, punctuality, and integrity.
Interested candidates should email the cover letter and CV in English by the deadline of September 30, 2016 toMCA.firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on rolling basis.